The Spring Racing Carnival is without a doubt my favourite time of year. I love everything about it; the weather, the horses, the fashion and the socialising. However, it can be a bit daunting depending on how many racedays you plan on going to (even preparing for just one can be crazy!). To ensure you have the best day possible, there are lot’s of things you need to consider.
I have been going to the races since I was 10 years old and in recent years, I have worked as the Yellowglen Lifestyle Ambassador which has required me to attend most racedays. Last year alone I attended 8 consecutively! So, I thought I would share my little handy checklist and tips to ensure your preparation for the Spring Racing Carnival is smooth as can be.
Week leading up check list:
- Spray Tan Appointment (Always two days before raceday)
- Hair and Makeup Appointment if you want to go all out
- Shoes (Practice in them before you commit to wearing them all day)
- Dress / Outfit
- Wet weather option (Jacket that goes with your outfit)
- Party feet and bandaids to go in your clutch
- Transport (There is nothing worse than getting stuck in traffic so public transport is a great option)
Before the races:
It’s always nice to get a group of friends together before the races for some drinks and nibbles (I always order some Spring Racing Carnival themed cupcakes). Also, try and choose a friend's house that is close to public transport and make sure you drink lots of water!
After the races:
Organise a dinner or drink spot for when the raceday is finished - check out this blog with a fabulous list of bars and night spots to check out after the races.
And there you have it! Make sure you follow my checklist and tips above to help ensure your #SpringCarnival raceday is as perfect as can be.
Make sure you're following me on Instagram and Snapchat (Em.Hawk) to see all the fun at this year's racedays!